Evaluating Your Legal Path To Naturalization And Citizenship
Some of our clients at Moreno & Villarrubia LLP ask for guidance as they seek to become U.S. citizens. Others suspect that they are already entitled to derived U.S. citizenship through a parent or grandparent and need our help to formalize their claim for recognition of that birthright.
Whatever your individual circumstances, contact us to schedule a consultation regarding the legal path to U.S. citizenship or naturalization that is appropriate in your case:
- Citizenship after years as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. through family ties or employment
- Citizenship after arrival in the U.S. through asylum, as a refugee
- Formalization of derived citizenship if your mother, father, grandmother or grandfather was born in the U.S.
We can advise you on related issues, including:
- English language requirements
- Citizenship classes
- English language waivers for residents with mental disabilities
- Documentation of parents’ or grandparents’ U.S. citizenship status
- The importance of filing tax returns
- How to verify that you are of good character
- What to do if you have a criminal record for a minor offense
The Advantages Of Working With An Experienced Lawyer As You Seek U.S. Citizenship
We caution Indiana residents about the risks involved in working with “notaries” who say they can help non-citizens obtain U.S. citizenship. In some countries notarios are lawyers. That is not the case in the U.S. To increase your chances of success obtaining citizenship in the most direct and effective way, we urge you to consult with an experienced immigration lawyer. At our firm, we have had a great deal of success helping clients navigate challenges and overcome obstacles along the path to citizenship.
Fort Wayne Naturalization Attorney
Contact us at 317-822-9900 to schedule a consultation with a citizenship attorney in our Indianapolis office. We accept credit cards and offer after-hour appointments as necessary. We accommodate clients who speak many languages. Se habla español.