Global Business Team

Moreno, LLP Attorneys at Law is here to help you navigate back to a place of financial freedom. Our qualified attorneys and support staff are dedicated to working for you. We are here to help you assess your financial situation and provide solutions to your financial challenges so you can achieve success!

Visas for health care workers

Health care workers in Indiana and around the country are at a premium. According to the New American Economy, there are 27 open positions for every health care worker who is unemployed. While many of those positions are in rural areas, there are positions available across the United States. Approximately 18% of America’s health care workers hold an H1-B visa. Those with an H1-B visa may want to help, but many cannot. Since there is a low cap on the number of H1-B visas issued, employers can turn to other solutions for help.

What is an H1-B visa?

An H1-B visa allows workers with at least a bachelor’s degree in IT, finance, accounting, architecture, engineering, mathematics, science and medicine to work in the United States for six years. In some cases, workers can prove that they have the technical experience needed and do not need a degree. An employee must sponsor these workers. They are allowed to stay in the United States for up to six years.

E-2 treaty investor visa

An E-2 treaty investor visa allows executives and managers based overseas to work for a U.S.-based company, like a hospital or clinic. They must be from the same country as the person investing in the U.S. company but do not have to be the investor themselves.

E-1 treaty trader visa

An E-1 treaty trader visa is good for two years allows an investor or minimal workers representing an investor to come to the U.S. These healthcare workers must be from a country where the United States maintains a trade agreement. Since this program has very tight regulations, you may want to talk to a immigration lawyer to see if it is the right choice for you.